Edward N. Wolff
Professor of Economics, New York University
Edward N. Wolff is a professor of economics at New York University, where he has taught since 1974. His principal research areas are income and wealth distribution and productivity growth. Edward’s work on wealth and wealth disparity has received wide attention. He has acted as a consultant with the Economic Policy Institute, the World Bank, the United Nations, the WIDER Institute, and Mathematica Policy Research. He is the author/co-author of: Growth, Accumulation, and Unproductive Activity: An Analysis of the Post-War U.S. Economy. He received his Ph.D. from Yale University in 1974.
• Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research, 2001-
• Professor of Economics, New York University, 1984
• Visiting Scholar, Russell Sage Foundation, 2003-2004
• Senior Scholar, Levy Economics Institute of Bard College, 1999-
• Director, Institute for Economic Analysis, New York University-1998-2001
• Managing Editor, Review of Income and Wealth, 1987-2004
• Associate Professor of Economics, New York University, 1979-1984
• Assistant Professor of Economics, New York University, 1974-1979
• Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research, 1974-1977
A.B., Harvard University, 1968
M.Phil., Yale University, 1972
Ph.D., Yale University, 1974
Recent Trends in Living Standard in the United States, in Edward N. Wolff editor, What Has Happened to the Quality of Life in the Advanced Industrialized Nations?, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd., 2004, pp. 3-26. , April 2002
Asset Poverty in the United States, 1984-1999: Evidence from the Panel Study of Income Dynamics, (with Asena Caner), Review of Income and Wealth. December 2004.
Economics of Poverty, Inequality, and Discrimination, (Textbook), South-Western College Publishing, 1997.
TOP HEAVY: A Study of Increasing Inequality of Wealth in America, The Twentieth Century Fund Press, 1995; Updated and expanded edition, the New Press, 1996.
Competitiveness, Convergence, and International Specialization (with David Dollar), M.I.T. Press, 1993.
News Items By: Edward N. Wolff
Professor of Economics, University of Massachusetts Amherst
Founder and President, Institute for America’s Future
Co-Director, Campaign for America’s Future
Director, Justice Program, Brennan Center for Justice, New York University School of Law