The New School
Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis
6 East 16th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10003
Senior Fellow, The Schwartz Center for Economic Policy
Jeff Madrick is a regular contributor to The New York Review of Books, and a former economics columnist for The New York Times. He is editor of Challenge Magazine, visiting professor of humanities at The Cooper Union, and Senior Fellow at the Roosevelt Institute and the Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis, The New School. Madrick gives many speeches and makes frequent public appearances. He has appeared on Charlie Rose, The Lehrer News Hour, Now With Bill Moyers, Frontline, C-Span, Book Notes, CNN, CNBC, CBS, BBC, and NPR. He has served as a policy consultant and speech writer for Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and other U.S. legislators. Madrick is a fellow at the World Policy Institute and the Century Foundation, and is a member of the board of the Center for Economic and Policy Research.
• Senior Fellow, The Roosevelt Institute
• Editor, Challenge Magazine
• Visiting Professor of Humanities, The Cooper Union
• Fellow, The World Policy Institute
• Fellow, The Century Foundation
• Wall Street Editor, Money Magazine
• Finance Editor, Business Week Magazine
• News Reporter and Commentator, NBC
• Economics columnist, The New York Times
• Policy Consultant and Speech Writer, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy and other US legislators
M.B.A., Harvard University
B.S., New York University
Age of Greed, The Triumph of Finance and the Decline of America, 1970-Present. Alfred A. Knop, 2011.
The Case for Big Government. Princeton, 2008.
Taking America. Beard Books, 2003.
The End of Affluence. Random House, 1995.
Why Economies Grow. Basic books, Century Foundation, 2002.