405 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10174
Leo Hindery, Jr.
Managing Partner, InterMedia Partners
Leo Hindery, Jr. is Managing Partner of InterMedia Partners, a series of media industry private equity funds he founded in 1988 and ran continuously until February 1997. Mr. Hindery is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, Chairman of the US Economy/Smart Globalization Initiative at the New America Foundation, Co-Chair of the Task Force on Job Creation and Trade, and founder of Jobs First 2012. He is a member of the Board of Visitors of the Columbia School of Journalism and a Director of Common Cause New York, the Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University, the National Bureau of Asian Research (NBR), the Paley Center for Media, and Teach for America. He was an economic and trade advisor to presidential candidate Barack Obama, after earlier serving as Senior Economic Policy Advisor for presidential candidate John Edwards. From 2005 through 2007, he was Vice Chairman of the Presidential and Congressional HELP Commission which in December 2007 made recommendations to Congress reforming U.S. foreign assistance.
• Chairman, US Economy/Smart Globalization Initiative, New America Foundation, Present
• Co-Chair, Task Force on Job Creation and Trade, Present
• Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, YES Network, 2001-2004
• Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, GlobalCenter, 1999-2001
• President and Chief Executive Officer, AT&T Broadband 1999
• President, Tele-Communications, Inc. (TCI) and Liberty Media, 1997-1999
M.B.A., Stanford University, Graduate School of Business
M.A., Seattle University