University of Hyderabad
Gachibowli, Central University P O
Hyderabad – 500046, India
Professor Emeritus, University of Hyderabad
Dr. Yaga Venugopal Reddy better known as Y.V. Reddy, is an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer who served as Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) (India’s central bank) from September 6th, 2003 until September 5th, 2008. Reddy has worked on piloting a calibrated approach to financial sector reforms. He is widely consulted on many financial issues by institutions both in India as well as the world over. Reddy received his M.A. in economics from Madras University Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College Mylapore, India. He holds a Ph.D. from Osmania University, Hyderabad. He holds a Diploma in Economic Planning from the Institute of Social Studies, Netherlands.
• Honorary Fellow, London School of Economics and Political Science
• Advisory Board, Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET)
• International Advisory Board, Columbia Program on Indian Economic Policies
• Chairman, Bank for International Settlements, Asian Consultative Council, 2007-2009
• Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India, 2003-2008
• Executive Director for India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Bhutan, International Monetary Fund, 2002
• Chairperson, SAARCFINANCE
• Secretary (Banking), Ministry of Finance and Principal Secretary in Government of Andhra Pradesh
Ph.D., Osmania University, Hyderabad
Diploma, Economic Planning, Institute of Social Studies, Netherlands
Global Crisis, Recession and Uneven Recovery. Orient Black Swan, 2011.
India and the Global Financial Crisis: Managing Money and Finance. Anthem Press, 2009.
Macroeconomics and Monetary Policy: Issues for a Reforming Economy. Oxford India
Paperbacks, April 25th, 2005.